Be careful who you trust, and vent to. You never know who could turn against you. You never know if they are going to tell everyone your secrets. You will never know if will stay and who will leave.
Omg why are you such a jerk Lily.
Lily stop being such a jerk.
Lily is such a big jerk omg.
Lily you’re a jerk.
I mean, is ‘fat’ really the worst thing a human being can be? Is ‘fat’ worse than ‘vindictive’, ‘jealous’, ‘shallow’, ‘vain’, ‘boring’ or ‘cruel’? Not to me; but then, you might retort, what do I know about the pressure to be skinny? I’m not in the business of being judged on my looks, what with being a writer and earning my living by using my brain. I went to the British Book Awards that evening. After the award ceremony I bumped into a woman I hadn’t seen for nearly three years. The first thing she said to me? ‘You’ve lost a lot of weight since the last time I saw you!’
‘Well,’ I said, slightly nonplussed, ‘the last time you saw me I’d just had a baby.’
What I felt like saying was, ‘I’ve produced my third child and my sixth novel since I last saw you. Aren’t either of those things more important, more interesting, than my size?’ But no – my waist looked smaller! Forget the kid and the book: finally, something to celebrate!
I’d rather they were independent, interesting, idealistic, kind, opinionated, original, funny – a thousand things, before ‘thin’. And frankly, I’d rather they didn’t give a gust of stinking chihuahua flatulence whether the woman standing next to them has fleshier knees than they do. Let my girls be Hermiones, rather than Pansy Parkinsons.” —J.K. Rowling (via fistfullofweasley)
Well, I hope you realize if your intentions were malicious, all the people in the group will come after you with forks and knives. If you think you were being “valiant” and did the right thing, the only benefit you get now is more forks and knives. Yes, we were being “mean”. Yes, because calling a teacher “silly” is awfully insulting. Yes, because the other students who call their teachers “whores” and “gold diggers” behind their backs don’t get called on. Very fair, I know. Yes, because the five quietest, nicest, most hard working kids get accused of being terrible humans just by one sentence. That one sentence does not represent their entire character. That one sentence, out of utter frustration, represents them as criminals? What?
Before the admin goes bashing on us just because we only care for numbers, I hope they think again. Yes, humans love pursuing numbers for their entire lives. But, to obtain those numbers, we must learn and succeed in school. To learn, we must have a good enough teacher. Before they bash on us for hating on another human being, they should think again about their own thoughts against other people. Who hasn’t had malicious thoughts before? Before they blow up this enormous mess, they should think about the situation. We’re not the so called “perfect global citizens”, we are merely normal teenagers with a variety of emotions, which I’m sure includes anger and frustration. We’re emotionally unstable and our hormones are all over the map. They tell us we need to be the “perfect global citizens” just so they can protect and brag about their only “reputation” that’s left.
/more rant over
I don’t even know where to start…
Admin called down a bunch of IB kids today. Why? To ask them if they knew what they did wrong. Well obviously none of them remembered, so he assumed they were either hiding something or just being arrogant egomaniacs. Well shit bro, do you think we remember every single action of our stressful lives?
One little pip about disliking our teacher, and its like they’re dogs on raw meat. We’re living in a democratic society, yet its a dictatorship. No matter what we say, we are always “wrong”, “powerless”, and oppressed.
And even if we were ranting about some chem teacher on facebook, all those are OPINIONS based on our anger due to stress. Ever thought of that? No. This school year is the shortest in the history of the board, and if we have to cram all this information in, of course people are going to hate on teachers who DON’T GIVE US WHAT WE NEED TO PASS. I can’t believe they would take such a petty little problem and blow it so much.
So according to the “interrogators”:
1. you may not speak about it to anyone.
So much for living in a democratic country with freedom of speech, freedom of association.
2. you must call the head of the district and tell them.
To do what? Waste their time and tell them that we called our teacher “dumb” on Facebook? people who are actually violating the law by drug abuse in the school are not punished.
3. the group is a “cancer”.
We are in no way, shape or form, IMPOSING our opinions on others. We are not slowly corrupting society. We are not violating the law. We are normal teenagers who need help with homework and emotional problems. Yea, we’re totally cancer.
Oh the irony.
1. how did they get access to a secret group? Someone from the inside. Why would they tell the principal? Who knows; its not like they get any benefit from it except for hate from students and “praise” by teachers. If they got access by tracking/hacking, that’s infringing on our privacy.
2. Freedom of speech. This is ridiculous. Our opinions are entitled to ourselves. Our opinions weren’t even voiced to her face. So what if we don’t like our teacher? Who hasn’t had those thoughts before? “Peacefully protesting against her ways of teaching”.
The farthest we went was calling her stupid and not a “real scientist”. Yea, that’s real insulting in comparison to the language used by other people these days.
3. They targeted only the IB kids. Those who took IB for the “right” reasons want to get into a good university, have a high paying job, get a good life.. etc. This makes them easy targets then, because they’re afraid lose all of it. One little threat about “permanent on the record” and “kicked out of IB” would break the typical IB kid into tears. We’re all scared, meek little sheep.
We are also supposed to be the “perfect citizens of the world because we’re IB students.” Us “IB students” are no different from other teenagers. What makes them think we’re oh so special? WE’RE NOT. We, like other teenagers, just want to be lazy, hate on school, and eat instead of work.
4. Because we’re meek little sheep, they can flex their ego and say “yep, we did something productive and righteous.” This tiny problem doesn’t make them look “powerful” by fixing it; it makes them look foolish because their spending time on THIS instead of REAL PROBLEMS. LIKE DRUG ABUSE. ALCOHOL ABUSE. BULLYING. SMOKING. PUTTING ALL THE FUNDING IN ONE AREA: TVS. etc.
5. They only accused CERTAIN people who made comments, not all. Those who made ruder remarks were not called down. Those who made petty remarks (ie. she’s so silly) got called. Why? Who knows. -.-
6. They made the kids cry. Mostly are from “threats”, “disappointment”, “guilt”, and “twisting around your truth so you seem like a delinquent regardless if you are honest or not.”
Lastly, they made my girl cry. Unacceptable.